Afridex P2P Platform: Our Input To The Story Of Financial Innovation
Humans resist change.
Steve Jobs said, “Innovation is the ability to see change as an opportunity, not a threat.”
If I went back 100 years to tell people how far humanity has come in terms of innovation and technology, they would laugh at me. They would call me ridiculous and even term me a “witch.” Change never makes sense to everyone in the beginning.
The first reaction of most governments of nations’ to cryptocurrency is fear. This fear Is understandable. Cryptocurrency presents change to the financial structures and economies we grew up to know. Ironically, the systems we think are safer were not prevalent worldwide until 51 years ago. Additionally, the 2008 financial crisis told us what we need to realize as humans.
Change is constant.
This aversive disposition toward cryptocurrencies led to the ban on cryptocurrency in several countries.
While the ban presented a threat to existing users, investors, and business owners in the cryptocurrency industry, it was an opportunity in disguise. Ironically, the ban marked an increased rate in the transaction of cryptocurrencies in such countries.
Those who understood firsthand the benefits of the technology did not allow the ban to deter them. They saw the opportunity in the threat and turned to Peer to Peer Transactions, popularly known as P2P.
If Mohammed cannot go to the mountain. The mountain will come to Mohammed.
What is P2P?
On the technical level, P2P is any Peer-to-peer (P2P) software that allows individual computer systems (peers) to connect over the internet to share digital information. In the context of this discussion, P2P is a decentralized platform whereby two individuals can interact directly with each other to buy and sell cryptocurrency despite the ban. It’s like a marketplace, but on the internet.
It works like this:
If cryptocurrency transactions are banned in your country, you will not be able to exchange your local currency for cryptocurrencies directly. With P2P, you can send your local currency to someone else with a local bank account who has the cryptocurrency you want. Then, the other person will send the token equivalent of the money you sent to your cryptocurrency wallet.
Why the Adoption of P2P?
- No financial institution is needed to facilitate P2P transactions.
- P2P trades are complicated for regulatory bodies to trace. The sellers usually set up their accounts so that it’s hard to fish out.
- P2P can take place with trusted parties.
How to Get Started with P2P
Afridex Exchange offers many services, including a P2P platform where you can buy and trade any cryptocurrency of your choice with other users. Below are the steps to follow:
1. Go to afridex.io
2. Sign in with your email and password.
3. Once in, click on Menu.
4. Click on Buy Crypto
5. This is the P2P page. Next, click on the Menu icon.
6. The page below will open up. Click on Funds.
7. Click on Deposit/Withdraw. Here, you can fund your wallet with the local currency equivalent to the price of the coin you want to buy.
8. Afterwards, go to the P2P page as shown previously. Click on the “Buy/Sell” option and carry out your transactions to your preference.
If you feel stuck or unsure while carrying out your trade, don’t hesitate to contact our customer support via our live chat on our website.
Why the Afridex P2P Platform Creates Trust
Scams occur, whether online or offline, whether with fiat money or cryptocurrencies. To keep your funds safe from scammers, we offer the following features; rating and escrow.
With ratings, buyers and sellers can rate their experience with a fellow trader for you to see. With a rating feature, before you carry out transactions with a trader, you will be able to see their ratings and the number of transactions they’ve carried out. The higher the number of quality ratings (4–5 out of 5), the higher the trader’s trustworthiness.
According to the Oxford dictionary, an escrow is a bond, deed, or other document kept in the custody of a third party and taking effect only when a specified condition has been fulfilled. With Afridex, before a trade can take place, you must have what you’re putting up for sale in your account (if you’re a trader) or the amount of money or token you want to use as currency in your Afridex wallet (if you’re buying). That way, the trade takes place automatically without needing you to trust the other party or be trusted.
- There will be occasions when a trader asks you to continue with the trade outside of the trading platform you will be using. The argument will be that doing so will save both of you money on fees. In most cases, this is a scammer trying to lure you away from the P2P platform.
PS: Afridex has zero fees on P2P transactions.
2. Never give out your password to anyone.
3. Never call any phone number purporting to be from AFRIDEX Support.
4. Never transfer money to anyone who claims to be part of the AFRIDEX team.
5. Afridex is a website worth bookmarking.
6. If you have any questions when using Afridex, please contact our customer support via live chat here.
If You Don’t Have an Account With Us
- Click here to register.
- Enter your email and password.
- A verification code (OTP) will be sent to the email you signed up with.
- If you use Gmail, check your promotions for the OTP.
- Paste the OTP on the space for it on the website, and your account is ready.
You’re welcome to join the Afridex community on social media.